Monday, January 3, 2011

Sleeping like a baby?!?

Let me start by saying I LOVE my baby girl and I am one of the lucky moms whose baby has slept thru the night waking up once to eat around 3-4am. However, for the past few weeks she has been "waking" up several times fussing and crying, but her eyes are closed. I try to put her pacifier back in and she still fusses a little bit. So I will pick her up and rock her for a few minutes and then lay her back down and she's back to sleep. Last night she did this at 10pm and then 12:30am. I'm not sure if I'm doing anything wrong. I don't let her cry herself to sleep, and don't plan on it because what we have works. I'm soaking it up because the constant reminder of how fast she is growing up is at the fore front of my mind.
I just wonder who came up with this saying and was there a note of sarcasim in the original statement that hasn't kept up with it thru the years

2 comments:

  1. Maybe she's hit a growth spurt. Natalee has also slept the night since 3 months, but around 4 or so months, she began waking 2-3 times a night. Everyone told me it was probably a growth spurt, and she was waking up because she was hungry. It only lasted a week or so, which is how you know that it was indeed a growth spurt! I hope she starts sleeping through for you soon. I highly doubt you are doing anything wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with the growth spurt theory :) . One thing to keep in mind is that just because she is doing something today, don't expect her to do it tomorrow. They make their own rules ..hehe. You can hope for it, but that doesn't mean it will turn out that way. On the 'waking up' .. I wouldn't pick her up if her eyes aren't open. You can watch her, but I would wait until she is actually awake to do anything, or you could be starting something. Now, on the crying it out ... babies learn really quick how to manipulate their mothers. I highly suggest letting them go to sleep on their own instead of rocking to sleep etc... remember how tough it was with Sage??? I ended up having to lay down with him to get him to nap or sleep until he was 4. And you know how easy Lily was.

    ReplyDelete