Thursday, February 10, 2011

Belated Six Month Shots...

Well, Rylee got her 6 month shots plus the first part of the flu shot on Tuesday. She did well with them. She cried a little longer this time, but all was well. The doctor gave her a book and she loved it! She thought it tasted yummy. She also thought his stethascope was good. She can fit the whole thing in her mouth. =) She weighs 18lbs 3oz! No wonder my back has been hurting. The only thing the doctor said that is breaking my heart is that she is waking up in the middle of the night to eat out of habbit. He strongly suggests that we let her cry/sooth herself back to sleep. I haven't minded the feedings at all. She wakes up anywhere between 1am and 4am and eats and goes right back down (most of the time). It's a time I enjoy. It's just her and me and it's quiet and our time that we have always shared. It's sad to be loosing that time. I don't want her to grow up yet. She is only 6 months and I'm having a hard time letting go of these stages. I can't imagin how I will be when she's older!?!


On a lighter note he said that we could start introducing finger foods (ie. peas, cereal puffs, stage 2 baby foods) so last night when David was home we tried the cereaf puffs and that was a great face!!! She wasn't so sure about the texture! But once it softened she was good. She would NOT put them in her mouth, which is shocking to me because EVERYTHING goes in her mouth (including mommy's chin).  She would hold them in her hand though. Say a prayer for this weekend as we try and let her cry thru the night. I plan on leaning on the grace of God and resting my sad heart in His hands.

Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. I understand about it being harder to let go of that feeding, but just think how nice it will be to get a full night sleep! Your body won't know what to do that it!! My kids loved and still love cheerios. I carry some in my purse for Neil.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete